Saturday, April 6, 2019

Amigurumi Guide: Emi the Brown Cow (pattern compilation)

Emi the Brown Cow
My daughter, Emi, named this cow today and I decided to go with it. 🐮😍

A long while back I made a giraffe in this style. Not long after that I made my daughter a Pikachu in this style as well. 

Recently I have fallen back in love with this style of amigurumi. I find them to work up faster than most stuffed animal projects. Plus they are super cute. Win win.

Back when I made the giraffe I created a blog post to round up all of the patterns I mashed together to create it. Basically what I do is > If I need an ear, I'll search Pinterest and find a pattern I like. 

Today I'm going to create a rough "Guide" for this cow. I made one other cow and the only differences are the colors used, spots and the flowers used.

I will share both with you.

Starting with Emi >
Base Pattern is by Alyssa (@heart_2_stitch) here:
FREE PATTERN ~ Bear Plush – Heart2Stitch (wordpress.com)
NOTE* When I made the legs I stopped at ROUND 4 on each leg before changing colors.
Brown was started on ROUND 5 and continued for the rest of the project.

Ears: http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2013/10/crochet-giraffe-hat-pattern.html

Horns: http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2013/10/crochet-cow-hat-pattern.html

Flowers:
Magic circle. 5 sc in circle. Join. (dark brown)
Petals- Ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2 and slst in each sc for 5 petals. (golden)

Snout:
g hook

ch 7
sc in 2nd chain from hook. sc in next 4. 3 sc in last.
on other side:
sc next 4. 2 sc in last st (14)

2 sc in 1st st. sc next 4. 2 sc in next 3 st. sc next 4. 2 sc in last 2 st (20)

2 sc in 1st, sc next 6 st, 2 sc in next 3 st. sc next 8 st. 2 sc in last 2 st. (26)

join and fasten off


Nostrils:
D hook (black yarn)
Magic circle, sc 4, join and fasten off.

Used 15mm safety eyes.
I feel the yarn equivalent would be:
G hook
Magic circle, sc 4, join and fasten off




For this version I did the same for the base & legs (only I used white for the rest of the project).
I followed the same horn, ear, nostril and snout pattern.
The flower pattern is in the Base Pattern link.
I made 3 spots for my cow. 
(One is on the back, not pictured. You can somewhat see the 2 on the sides)

15mm safety eyes for both projects.

Spots: http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2013/10/crochet-giraffe-hat-pattern.html

**Update 02/18/2020: These 2 are up for grabs in my Etsy shop!



No comments:

Post a Comment

*NEW* Amigurumi Guide: Cats! (pattern compilation)

 Hey everyone! It has been a while since I last updated this blog with any two-legged amigurumi. I've been making a few here and there. ...