Wednesday, February 19, 2020

* NEW * Amigurumi Guide: Baby Yoda (pattern compilation)

Baby Yoda
Hello and welcome!
   Long time no post. ✌

I started this blog with an idea to share my creations. Sometimes my creations are made up of an assortment of different patterns. I call it a mash-up. I wanted to share that here, linking you back to the original pattern designer and giving you my notes on what I did to achieve the final item. I often will add freehanded details to these dolls and I do my best to write notes on how I made them in a way that I hope translates well enough for you.

Most of these creations will be amigurumi (dolls).

Today I bring you Baby Yoda.
As you can tell by my previous posts, I adore these 2 legged dolls/animals.
There's just something so CUTE about them!

The base pattern is none other than this one by Heart.2.Stitch (formerly comically creative).
I used a G 4.0mm hook.
I used what I believe to be 15mm safety eyes.

For the ears I used this pattern.
I used my slightly bigger G hook, a 4.25mm.

All yarn is acrylic. A blend of either Redheart Super Saver or Mainstays (Walmart).

For the clothing:

Ch = Chain
Sc = Single Crochet
Hdc = Half Double Crochet
Dc = Double Crochet
FO = Fasten Off

You will need a small amount of a Beige color and a medium/dark brown color.
I used my G 4.0mm hook.

Starting with Beige:

1. Ch 46. Sc across. (45)
2. Ch 2, turn. Dc across. (45)
3. Ch 2, turn. 2Dc in 1st stitch, Dc across, 2Dc in last stitch. (47)
FO, leaving a long tail

Attach brown yarn to the bottom (this would be the starting chain of the Beige).
1. Ch 1, Sc across (45)
2. Ch 1, turn. Hdc across. (45)
3. Ch 1, turn. Sc across. (45)
4. Ch 1, turn. Hdc across. (45)
5. Ch 1, turn. Sc across. (45)
6. Ch 1, turn. Sc across. (45)
FO, leaving a long tail

From this point I would secure the color change by knotting the loose ends together and then I weaved the tails into the piece.
The side you weaved them in will now be the "inside" of the clothing piece.
Lay it flat facing up.
Place the doll inside.

From here you can choose to sew the clothing to the actual doll (just sew through the body a few times across the width) or you can sew the clothing piece shut for the option that it can be removed.

I went with the removable option.
I decided to sew the clothing between the legs. It sort of created pants in a way, but this makes it easier for little kids to put the clothing on and remove. It is completely optional.





No comments:

Post a Comment

*NEW* Amigurumi Guide: Cats! (pattern compilation)

 Hey everyone! It has been a while since I last updated this blog with any two-legged amigurumi. I've been making a few here and there. ...