Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Amigurumi Guide: Meet Emma the Giraffe (pattern compilation)

I am not the best at writing up my own patterns. But I do find myself getting extra creative with other peoples patterns. That is what crochet is to me, about being creative.

I was inspired by A Crafty Concept's Flower Crown Bunny I saw on Instagram (@acraftyconcept).






For the base of the pattern I used this Bunny pattern here.

I used ALL Redheart Super Saver Yarn.
For the BROWN I used Redheart Super Saver in Cafe Latte.
For the main color I used Redheart Super Saver in Gold.

I used the E (3.5mm) hook suggested in the main pattern.
For the legs I started with Brown from Round 1 to 5, then switched to Gold.

*in Brown*
For the small spots: I made 2.
E (3.5mm)
Magic circle, single crochet (sc) 6. (6)
2sc in each around (12).
Fasten off.

For the Large spot (on the back): I made one.
E (3.5mm)
Magic circle, single crochet (sc) 6. (6)
2sc in each around (12).
1sc, 2sc in next - around (18).
Fasten off.

Nostrils: x2
E (3.5mm)
Magic circle, single crochet (sc) 6, join. (6)
Fasten off.

*in Black*
For Eyes: x2
E (3.5mm)
Magic circle, sc 8, join. (8)
Fasten off.

*in Buff*
For the base of the snout:

I referenced this eHow page on making an oval shape.
I used a G (4.25mm) hook.
1. Chain 9. Sc in 2nd CH from hook. Sc across 7. In last stitch sc 3.
(Going in the round)
2. On opposite side: Sc across 6, 2 sc in next st.
3. 2 sc in next stitch, sc across 6. 2 sc in next 3 stitches.
4. Sc across 7. 2 sc in next 3 stitches.
5. Sc across 8. 2 sc in next 3 stitches.
6. Sc across 9. 2 sc in next 3 stitches.
7. Sc across 10. 2 sc in next 3 stitches.
8. Slip stitch in next stitch.
Fasten off.

For the Horns: x2
E (3.5mm)
Starting with Brown:
Magic circle, sc 6. (6)
2sc in each stitch around. (12)
1 sc in each stitch around. (12)
Switch to Gold:
1 sc in each stitch around 7 times (12)

For the leaves I used this pattern. Plus I love her designs! I got my inspiration from this pattern as well!
I used an F (3.75mm/4mm) hook and a Sage colored green yarn.

For the ears I used this pattern by Repeat Crafter Me. She explains a bit more on the Zebra pattern, so that is the link I chose to direct you to. Love her work as well!
I used a G (4.25)

And finally, for the roses I used this pattern.
I used a Minty color, light medium blue and a baby pink.
I used an F (3.75mm/4mm) hook.


I hope this post was helpful!

Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment

*NEW* Amigurumi Guide: Cats! (pattern compilation)

 Hey everyone! It has been a while since I last updated this blog with any two-legged amigurumi. I've been making a few here and there. ...