Sunday, June 24, 2018

Glimmer the Glow-worm

When I saw this pattern release I was super excited (and nostalgic). I commented about how cute it was and that I remembered having one. Later on I learned that I was one of 4 winners (on that particular post) for a copy of the pattern!
I just finished my version and I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out.



I had to improvise with the eyes because I don't have any safety eyes. That is something I plan on investing in soon!

I also haven't had the best of luck with making tassles. So I turned my version into one with the star on the night cap. I will soon practice tassles though - because that look is super cute as well!

Here is the link to the pattern by Trifles N Treasures  

The pattern for the star I used is here



And how I made the eyes is as follows: (make 2)


With a G hook I made a Magic Circle in black.

SC 4 times into the ring and join.

Add White and CH1.

2 SC in the first st, 1SC in the next st, 2 SC in the next st. Join the color you used for the head (I used Buff by RHSS). 2 DC in the next 2 stitches, join and fasten off.



No comments:

Post a Comment

*NEW* Amigurumi Guide: Cats! (pattern compilation)

 Hey everyone! It has been a while since I last updated this blog with any two-legged amigurumi. I've been making a few here and there. ...